Unofficial Goodreads API to scrape book data, reviews, images, authors, descriptions, shelves, lists, genres, updates, and more by keyword or URL.
The Goodreads API stopped issuing new keys to developers in 2020 and the future of APIs at Goodreads is uncertain. But if you still need to fetch data on books and reviews from Goodreads, you can now use Goodreads Scraper to get them.
The Goodreads data scraper supports the following features:
- Search any keyword: search any keyword you want.
- Scrape lists: scrape any list from Goodreads.
- Scrape shelf: check the shelves and scrape the information from the newest updates.
- Scrape genres: to get the most read books on a certain category or anything related to genres, just use the URL.
- Scrape book detail: scrape very detailed information for each book.
- Scrape reviews: scrape all reviews of a book.
Setup & usage
You can see how this actor works in these videos:
Using start URLs
When you want to scrape a specific listing URL, just copy and paste the link as one of the start URLs.
If you would like to scrape only the first page of a list then put the link for the page and have the endPage as 1.
With the last approach explained above, you can also fetch any interval of pages. If you provide the 5th page of a list and define the endPage parameter as 6 then you’ll have the 5th and 6th pages only.
Like my all other actors, there are lots of new features on the roadmap and I am always open to new ideas. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any feedback, feature requests, or totally new ideas that might be interesting to implement.
P.S. You should always use a proxy to get the best results.