How to scrape listings and more from the Zillow real estate marketplace
The Apify platform and its free Zillow real estate Scraper (crawler) are the perfect combo for scraping data from Zillow. The scraper, or crawler, will enable you to extract and download complete listings from Zillow, including full addresses, prices, descriptions, photos, URLs, and just about every other piece of data you could want.
1. Sign in at Apify. If you don’t already have an account, you can sign up by using your email, Google account, or GitHub account.
2. Once you log in, you’ll see your Apify Dashboard. You can explore that later. Now we’re focused on scraping Zillow!
3. Click on the Store button. Apify Store is where you can find free, ready-to-use web scraping and automation tools called actors. You should definitely check out the rest of these later, but first let’s search for Zillow Scraper.
4. When you’re on the actor page, click Try for free.
5. You’ll be sent back to the Apify platform, where a new Task has been automatically created! Now you can start setting up the Zillow scraper. First, let’s go to Zillow and do a search so we have a starting point. Copy the URL.
7. Go back to the Apify task and click “+ Add URL”. Paste your Zillow URL into the field that appears. You can also tweak the max zoom level and max items parameters here. Higher numbers will take longer, so don’t go crazy 😉
8. Click on the green Save & Run button and wait for the scraping run to finish.
9. Your task will change status to show that it is Running. Once the status changes to Succeeded, you can click on the Dataset tab to see the results.
10. The Dataset tab contains your data in lots of versatile formats, including HTML table, JSON, CSV, Excel, XML, and RSS feed. You can open them by clicking on View or Download. You can then share the data, or upload it anywhere you like. Use it in spreadsheets, other programs or apps, or your own projects.
11. Have fun scraping Zillow! The scraper has plenty of parameters for you to play around with and you can tailor it to suit your needs. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all.
You might be interested in reading about how web scraping is revolutionizing the real estate business.