This is our very first blog post because we are launching today!
You might wonder, why build another web scraper when there are already so many of them. Indeed, that’s exactly what we thought about a year ago when one of our customers asked us to setup a system to regularly and reliably extract large amounts of data from a variety of websites. After a lot of research we realized we basically had the following options:
- tools that prefer UI instead of coding
- tools that enable scripting of your own web browser or desktop apps
- tools that treat websites as a set of plain HTML documents
- consulting companies that “do it for you”
but what we actually needed was a tool that:
- can crawl websites with arbitrarily complex or irregular structure
- is a cloud service interfaceable from apps
- be simple to use and affordable enough even for small companies
There are a ton of features that didn’t make it into this first release, but stay tuned, a lot more is coming soon. In the meantime, we’d love to hear what you think, answer your questions and find out what else we should add to the service. Just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org !
Jan & Jakub